sábado, 14 de enero de 2012

Lessons of life


After reading ´Mandela´s Way´ I always think of Mandela as an intelligent man, calm, patient, humble, a man who transmits tranquility, who can see the goodness in every person and doesn´t judge without knowing.

I have learnt a lot of things through this book and I have enjoyed it a lot since is practical and applicable to your own life, it really gives you lessons of life.

What I take from the book, in terms of my own life,  is that patience is a gift. Haste and urgency usually lead up to mistakes and regrets. We must be able, or at least we must learn,  to control ourselves and think twice before taking important decisions.

Another important lesson is that love moves the world. The best way of overcoming problems is to be in love (with a person of with a cause). I think love helped and made Mandela strong enough to bear his long imprisonment.

And among other lessons (because this book is good all the way through) I also take the idea that each of us must have our own garden, our own space, a place exclusively for us as individual persons whether a physical place or  listening to music, practising sport, maybe the time spent learning a language (I think this is my garden now).

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario